Open discussion about the funeral industry and death is a difficult topic for most to embrace participating in. This made encouraging people to actively interact with social media content published by Tobin Brothers problematic.
The initial content strategy in place across Tobin Brothers social platforms was primarily tailored towards service related posts and posts about death, this approach to content instantly presented the business with negative sentiment across their social platforms.
Our first objective was to shift negative sentiment expressed by Tobin Brothers social audience by removing the term funeral and integrating their slogan of celebrating lives into all content created for their social platforms.
Other core objectives of our community management, campaign management and app creation projects for Tobin Brothers were:
- Increased brand awareness of their charitable affiliations such as Art for the Heart and The Tobin Brothers Foundation.
- Direct service enquires and getting social media to act as a customer service tool for the business.
- Amplified user engagement and website traffic.
Thinktank Social Services Utilised
Step 5 – Campaign Reporting
Next we conducted an audit and analysis to assess what currently was and what wasn’t working for their brand online. We used online media monitoring tools to listen to conversations across multiple mediums, which enabled us to determine some key data. This data was then used to form the foundation of our strategic recommendations.
- Over 56 people shared social content expressing their interest to be a member of the Bissell trial team.
- The entrant who was chosen as the trial team member has become a brand advocate for the company choosing to voluntarily submit photo content and positive brand and product experiences.
- We’ve introduced the transactional content strategy of Dr Bissell, a social feature where fans get to submit their cleaning problems and receive feedback on how to solve them from the Bissell Australia team.
- We’ve created a video series showcasing Bissell product benefits.
- People independently leave product reviews and submit positive user generated posts across Bissell Australia’s social platforms on a weekly basis.
By establishing marketing channels for Tobin Brothers across Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, the business has created a unique point of difference in their industry.
The distribution of social content that is relatable, positive and that celebrates lives has increased Tobin Brothers Funerals social engagement, brand awareness and shared positive brand feedback from clients about their experience with the business. Tobin Brothers social pages now receive increased customer enquires and the questions raised by their social audiences are regularly uses to create helpful blog content to benefit all of their digital communities.
Other innovative social marketing strategies that we’ve celebrated implementing to benefit Tobin Brothers Funerals business are:
– The creation of Memory Maker a simple digital app that can be downloaded by anyone from the app marketplace and used to create a detailed funeral plans.
– Increased quality website traffic with a significantly low bounce rate via social media marketing.
– The submission of user generated content from grateful brand advocates.
– Other organisations connecting with Tobin Brothers Funerals and their community affiliations.
– The launch of Say It Now a social campaign to encourage people to tell their loved ones how they feel today.
– The sale of the Memory Maker app to the American marketplace.
> 6,500 active followers across all social platforms
> 14 % increase of website traffic.
> 5 direct sales via the Memory Maker app launch within its first 3 months on the market.