Midsumma Festival needed to increase mobile ticket purchasing, create a more structured social media strategy and heighten partner public awareness.
Thinktank Social created and presented a social media strategy for the 2015 festival to the Midsumma Board.
The strategy offered Midsumma a social media marketing blueprint that they could implement to optimise all festival promotions, events and partner activity.
Thinktank Social became the Midsumma Festival’s social media marketing advisory assisting festival staff and partners with:
- Midwinta Gala Ball event and sponsor marketing.
- Partner social media advisory for activations such as Yarra Trams GlamStop, Australia Post #PostPride and the NAB Pride Tree.
- Program guide social media posting strategy, social advertising recommendations and Official Program Guide Launch social support.
- Misumma Festival and Pride March social tactic integration advisory.
- Telstra Citizen Reporter management and policy document creation.
Thinktank Social Services Utilised
- Audit, Analysis & Recommendations
- Social Media Content Calendar Production
- Graphic Design
- Community Management
- Social Media Advertising
- Risk Management
- Monitoring and Analysis
- Online Reputation Management
Step 5 – Campaign Reporting
Next we conducted an audit and analysis to assess what currently was and what wasn’t working for their brand online. We used online media monitoring tools to listen to conversations across multiple mediums, which enabled us to determine some key data. This data was then used to form the foundation of our strategic recommendations.
- Over 56 people shared social content expressing their interest to be a member of the Bissell trial team.
- The entrant who was chosen as the trial team member has become a brand advocate for the company choosing to voluntarily submit photo content and positive brand and product experiences.
- We’ve introduced the transactional content strategy of Dr Bissell, a social feature where fans get to submit their cleaning problems and receive feedback on how to solve them from the Bissell Australia team.
- We’ve created a video series showcasing Bissell product benefits.
- People independently leave product reviews and submit positive user generated posts across Bissell Australia’s social platforms on a weekly basis.
Users uploaded 5,120 pieces of 2015 photo content to Instagram using #midsumma.
38% rise in overall festival website traffic.
Sales through the Midsumma Festival website accounted for 95% of all ticketing revenue in 2015.
Mobile and tablet users overtook desktop users for the first time in festival history.
187,391 Midsumma Festival website visits and 546,348 page views.
Social media marketing contributed to 19.95% of festival website traffic.
Midsumma Facebook post reach received a 215% increase and 378% engagement increase.
Users generated 13,000 posts across Facebook, Twitter and Instagram with a potential reach of 11,000,000 Victorians.