Visitors to Eureka Skydeck 88 were uploading a substantial amount of user generated content via social media. The client needed a tactic to execute onsite that showcased the venue and motivated visitors to upload their own experience of the skydeck.
To guarantee users referenced uploaded content appropriately, and gave the brand immediate consumer insights, a universal hashtag #eurekaskydeck was introduced across all digital, above the line and onsite marketing executions.
To support the integration of #eurekaskydeck as a fundamental branding element, we created a content generator program that pulled all uploaded content using the hashtag.
This technology was executed onsite across all venue display screens, to motivate and influence visitor’s decisions to capture and share their Eureka Skydeck 88 moments.
Thinktank Social Services Utilised
- Web Development and Design
- Monitoring and Analysis
- Online Reputation Management
Step 5 – Campaign Reporting
Next we conducted an audit and analysis to assess what currently was and what wasn’t working for their brand online. We used online media monitoring tools to listen to conversations across multiple mediums, which enabled us to determine some key data. This data was then used to form the foundation of our strategic recommendations.
- Over 56 people shared social content expressing their interest to be a member of the Bissell trial team.
- The entrant who was chosen as the trial team member has become a brand advocate for the company choosing to voluntarily submit photo content and positive brand and product experiences.
- We’ve introduced the transactional content strategy of Dr Bissell, a social feature where fans get to submit their cleaning problems and receive feedback on how to solve them from the Bissell Australia team.
- We’ve created a video series showcasing Bissell product benefits.
- People independently leave product reviews and submit positive user generated posts across Bissell Australia’s social platforms on a weekly basis.
How did we make this happen?
- Thinktank Social developed a dedicated microsite (mini-website) for the sole purpose of housing a LIVE Instagram feed.
- Code was written to pull only those images tagged with #eurekaskydeck via Instagram into the LIVE feed.
- The microsite was then made available for viewing to the general public via the internal TV screens placed around the Eureka Skydeck 88 viewing platform.
- Every 90 seconds, the feed refreshes to pull the most recent images into the screen so that those users tagging images in the present will see them immediately.
- 19,000+ pieces of user generated content to date were uploaded by visitors within the first 12 months of introducing the hashtag screen.
- All content uploaded provided Eureka Skydeck with valuable consumer insights, courtesy of each visitor’s personal newsfeed.
- The volume of user generated content surpassed the Sydney Tower Eye, located in Australia’s most Instagrammed city.
- Eureka Skydeck 88 now has an extensive library of content that reflects a visitor’s experience at their disposal, to use throughout all internal, external and digital marketing activations.