Increase Bissell’s brand awareness across social channels to become the industry leaders within the Australian market by providing educational information on:
- The deep cleaning and steam cleaning categories
- How to correctly use a BISSELL
- Stain removal
- Living with pets
- Allowing users to post comments and questions (customer service)
- Sales, product information, transactional content
- Driving sales leads to the BISSELL Outlet store via customised links
- Bissell Product Category awareness and amplified public talkability for the brand
To ensure we achieved sustainable success via social media for Bissell Australia, our unique approach to to social media marketing was implemented. In short, this involved.
- STEP 1: An initial Storyboarding Workshop was held, where we gained a greater understanding of Bissell Australia’s business and overall marketing objectives.
- STEP 2: Next we conducted an Audit and Analysis of the Bissell brand and assessed what was and what wasn’t working for their brand online.
- STEP 3: In order to achieve Bissell’s overall objective of increasing their brand awareness across social channels to become the industry leaders within the Australian market, a Social Media Strategy was developed, which focused on five major initiatives (full details provided below).
- STEP 4: Next on the agenda was for Bissell’s dedicated Social Media Facilitator to develop and post campaign content
in-line with their Social Media Strategy (full details provided below).
- STEP 5: At the conclusion of each initiative, detailed reports were generated and provided to Bissell for review (full details provided below).
Thinktank Social Services Utilised
- Storyboarding Workshop
- Audit, Analysis & Recommendations
- Social Media Strategy Document Production
- Social Media Content Calendar Production
- Graphic Design
- Community Management
- Social Media Advertising
- Risk Management
- Monitoring and Analysis
- Online Reputation Management
Step 5 – Campaign Reporting
Next we conducted an audit and analysis to assess what currently was and what wasn’t working for their brand online. We used online media monitoring tools to listen to conversations across multiple mediums, which enabled us to determine some key data. This data was then used to form the foundation of our strategic recommendations.
- Over 56 people shared social content expressing their interest to be a member of the Bissell trial team.
- The entrant who was chosen as the trial team member has become a brand advocate for the company choosing to voluntarily submit photo content and positive brand and product experiences.
- We’ve introduced the transactional content strategy of Dr Bissell, a social feature where fans get to submit their cleaning problems and receive feedback on how to solve them from the Bissell Australia team.
- We’ve created a video series showcasing Bissell product benefits.
- People independently leave product reviews and submit positive user generated posts across Bissell Australia’s social platforms on a weekly basis.
How did we make this happen?
Initiative 1: Bissell Vacuum Trial
- Social fans were invited to trial a vacuum for 7 days – all were taught how to correctly use a Bissell Vacuum.
- Participating social fans were required to post a review on the Bissell Facebook page after their trial for the opportunity to win a free Bissell Vacuum. Engagement on the Bissell Facebook page by participants, provided a platform for other users to post comments regarding the experiences of the participants and ask questions regarding the Bissell product range.
- By offering a free trial of the Bissell Vacuum, participants were exposed to a product they otherwise would not have been – thus increasing brand awareness and improved consumer product knowledge of the Bissell deep cleaning & steam cleaning product categories – a key objective of Bissell’s overall marketing strategy.
Initiative 2: Name & Shame Your Stain
- To further drive brand awareness, the development of a Facebook competition app, which was housed on the Bissell Facebook page, was developed where fans could ‘name & shame’ their stain in 25 words or less.
- Participants went in the draw to win a SpotClean Vacuum.
- This concept allowed Bissell to respond to posts with an explanation of what Bissell products would be best to use in order to remove the stain – thus increasing consumer product knowledge of the Bissell deep cleaning & steam cleaning product categories, a key objective of Bissell’s overall marketing strategy.
Initiative 3: Pet Nap Snaps - @bissellaustralia
- To increase followers on the BISSELL Australia Instagram account, increase community engagement, obtain quality user generated content and continue increasing Bissell’s brand awareness, Pet Nap Snaps – @bissellaustralia campaign was implemented.
- To engage the Australian ‘Pet Community’ the campaign encouraged users to upload photos of their pets taking a nap to Instagram using the hashtag #petnapsnaps for a chance to win a Bissell Lift Off Pet Vacuum.
- This concept provided a platform to promote the Bissell Lift Off Pet Vacuum, whilst highlighting the topic of Living with Pets – a key objective of Bissell’s overall marketing strategy.
Initiative 4: Pet of the Month Competition
- Continuing to increase brand awareness whilst also increasing trust with the brand and engaging with the Facebook community, the BISSELL Australia Pet Of The Month competition was implemented.
- BISSELL Australia Pet Of The Month, held no prize incentive, but offer a platform for ‘bragging rights’ for the winner.
- This concept also provided a platform to highlight the topic of Living with Pets – a key objective of Bissell’s overall marketing strategy.
Initiative 5: Social Media Advertising
Placement of Bissell Australia Facebook ‘direct to web’, ‘like’ and ‘promoted post’ advertising was implemented. Marketing objectives included: Increase new LIKES to the Bissell Facebook page, increase engagement on posts and increase clicks direct to the Bissell outlets store website.
- 7,363 new Facebook fans (Currently 11,693 fans)
- 385 new Instagram followers
- An average daily reach of 2,000-16,000 Facebook users
- Average of over 400 Direct visits website referrals a month
to the BISSELL outlet store from Facebook
- 440+ website clicks from Direct To Web Facebook
advertising per month
- Daily customer service questions